PaR - Processes as Requirements
next Monthly Sa 15th Apr 2023 at 4pm
key issue: PaR introduction and FAQ
Did your processes become a heavyweight project backpack?
And not a lightweight intrinsic helping approach?
It gets better when processes are designed as requirements.
These requirements can be reused and improved by the projects.
They also can be linked to regulatory standards as requirements.
And to product requirements as platforms in product families.
- simple explanation (from the introduction chapter of The Book)
- 5 challenges and potential solutions with PaR
- PaR information system (graphical overview of the words)
Join the PaR Community for free to learn more and have fun.
Check the page
>About us< for more information
and see what we do when we
you may have noticed that I prefer content over freaky web styles -
window size is optimized for laptops with 1440x900
Changes and News
- The Book is now available in bookstores on- and offline (e.g. Lehmanns).
Just Amazon is struggling again with external hardcover prints.
- I'm planning to speak about PaR at the next ESE (4.-8.Dec.2023 in Sindelfingen)
and the next re:WORK (3.-5.Dec.2023 in Berlin).
- We're planning the next Gathering in West Germany: a Friday afternoon Hängebrücke Geierlay and
Treis/Mosel (Weingut Knaup), a Saturday morning Burg Eltz. Wanna join in?
- The next PaR Monthly will be on a Saturday (15th Apr). Thats a good opportunity to give a
PaR Introduction to those who are interested in private personal skill enhancement.
- The page "PaRamount" now adopted "The Postcard" instead of the
whiteboard diagram. I also use it now as oversized business card ;-)
- "The Postcard" is available as Downloadable/Purchasable now.
It shows the essential idea of PaR: treating the how in the same way as the what.
It's my banner also, see "About me".
- Finally I renamed "Downloads" to "Downloadable" (because it doesn't show
downloads but provides the ability to download) and
"How to buy" to "Purchasable" (thanks Bernhard).
- My bookshelf holds some copies of The Book, The Booklet, and Das Heft
for sale (more than 10 each), see the photo on the page "Purchasable".
- The next PaR Monthly will be on We 15th Mar 4pm and I suggest to talk about
the planned exclusive real-life hands-on PaR workshop in September at Fraunhofer Institute in Germany.
| ↑ |
- On the last day of Feb I updated the page About me with a photo of my new office background,
some related text and a more comfy structure of the page - enjoy!
- The Book and The Booklet are now available directly from the store of epubli,
the printer. That's faster for you and makes a euro more profit for me. See page "Purchasable".
- I have updated the page FAQ, with more questions that I heard in the past weeks.
I also reformatted the page to give it some structure while it grows.
- For merchandising of The Education I prepared a tri fold flyer that is shown
as animated gif on the page now and provided as PDF draft.
When its done, then it will be printed.
- Now we started the new page The Education to prepare the first PaR workshop
and maybe also the first trainings and to talk about consulting and coaching.
- I'm totally excited because we are planning the first pure PaR workshop, together with
Martin and Bernhard at Fraunhofer IESE, click banner on top right of this page for booking.
| ↑ |
- "PaR - The Book" is now (31.Dec.2022) published with
ISBN-13 978-3-757503-89-5 and ISBN-10 3757503899, see page "Purchasable".
- It is already available from me directly via self-publishing from epubli.
Later in January it will be available from bookstores and Amazon (link already works)
- For sure the work on the book will continue, since not everything is fully done and I also
have lots of ideas and input left. But it is a complete and good first iteration ;-)
- 49 EUR may sound expensive, but on the one hand it is not a Harry Potter, and on the
other hand you may save 49.000 EUR applying it. Reading and doing it is the larger investment!
| ↑ |
- The next PaR Monthly will be on Su 15th Jan 4pm and I suggest to repeat talking about
team organization with PaR, for those who couldn't attend previously during job time.
- Thanks to those who helped in 2022, mainly Martin Becker from Fraunhofer IESE
and Bernhard Doleschel from ease solutions. I'm looking forward to an interesting 2023.
- I updated the "Gatherings" page with text and photos from more events.
- The next PaR Monthly will be on Th 15th Dec 4pm and I suggest to talk about
team organization for regulations, processes and projects with PaR.
- The German slides of the PaR presentation as part of Martins 5hr workshop at ESE
in Sindelfingen 09.Dec.2022 are now available at the page "The Presentations".
- The German video and slides of the PaR presentation at re:WORK in Berlin (a we.CONECT conference)
28.Nov.2022 are now available at the pages "The Videos" and "The Presentations".
- In "The Book" I shifted "UML", "SysML" and
"Tailoring" upfront to the "PaRis" (ch. 4), also to concentrate on
"Platform-Based Families" (ch. 6) after the "Principles" (ch. 5).
- At the event ESE Conference in Sindelfingen (Stuttgart, Germany)
I supported Martin from Fraunhofer IESE in a 5hr-workshop about efficient reuse, also for processes.
| ↑ |
- The conference "re:work" in Berlin was just great: interesting discussions,
good contacts, nice people and back to real life.
- Upgrade: Instead of "Agile PEP" I will now speak at the parallel main conference
"re:work" on Mo 28th Nov 2:45pm-3:15pm. I'm looking forward to see you irl.
- Announcement: I will co-host Martin Becker from Fraunhofer IESE in a 5hr-workshop on the
ESE congress about increasing reuse efficiency. I'm looking forward to see you irl also here.
- The Nov PaR Monthly was about R4J in Jira and Bernhard Doleschel from Ease Solutions
invited their round table guests. I presented PaR and it was welcomed as good R4J example also.
| ↑ |
- It was a great small and nice PaR Gathering again. I now created a page to collect
memories from our
- Looking forward to meet you guys live in Andernach on 21/22 Oct
- Now that the 3 core tool booklets (Jira, Polarion, Jama) are done, I ordered them
in professional high quality print, 3 prints each. If you're interested in getting one - just let me know!
- We want to keep the topic for the next Monthly also: "PaR with R4J (Jira)",
because seeing PaR hands-on is clarifying a lot.
- 16th: Right after introducing the new tool booklet in the Monthly I did several improvements
and uploaded the update. Feel free to download and check - feedback welcome.
- 14th: Just in time before the next Monthly tomorrow I finished the
PaR - for Jira with R4J! It is available now for download, also from this welcome-page as
- The prints of The Book in matt as well as the fully glossy A4 print look awesome!
These will be my default configurations for all future prints as product or showcase!
- I ordered 3 prints of The Book in matt hardcover and matt pages, for Thomas, Martin and me.
For the first time I also ordered a fully glossy A4 print (kind of luxury edition).
- Now The Book has got headlines, showing the level 1 chapter number and book title,
while the footlines still show the URL and the page number.
- The imprint (page 1) got small formal changes, as well as the last page (the more-page,
now for tools R4J, Polarion and Jama).
- I improved the chapter for the big V. I think I have to shift the tailoring chapter
behind this one or before the platform stuff at all (to combine platform and big V).
| ↑ |
- The page "About us" needed some further improvement and shows some faces now,
to further detail the picture on the Welcome-page (which is now linked also).
- If you want a PDF of the draft of The Book (or an update of that PDF) just give me a hint
and I will deliver!
- Working on chapter 5.6 for tailoring PaRis; while Scrum Guide says that you have to
implement everything of the Guide to call it Scrum I'm much more agile with PaR.
- 353 impressions and 5 reactions on my LinkedIn posting for the Monthly.
That truly is a good improvement, for PaR itself and for our community - thanks to all!
- Focusing the core topic of the Sep. PaR Monthly on applying a development process
to create something that supports a business process - that's reuse and traceability.
- Since more than a year I'm applying PaR in a project to create a big data platform that
supports the German standard processes for critical infrastructural systems.
- It takes time to establish PaR in a company, as every paradigm shift does.
It is essential to understand the steps of change and the coaching approaches to introduce PaR.
- Working on chapter 4.6 of The Book:
"Making the process design becoming a part of the process".
| ↑ |
Older Changes and News
| ↑ |
| || || |